Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My phone will not let me sign on... it's asking me to verify

Customer Question

My phone will not let me sign on... it's asking me to verify my google account and I put in my email and password ***** my google account and it just keeps searching to verify and won't do it... how can I get my android to validate with my google account? My phone is useless to me right now.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Suzon. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

Please go to www.google.com and try to sign in there with your user name and password. Let me know, pease, whether you can sign in there or not. If you can't sign in there either, please let me know and I will provide detailed instructions for resetting the password ***** the account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can sign on with my laptop but not my phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have google.com up on my laptop now
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you for that information. What type of phone do you have please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andriod.... Alcatel Onetouch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just changed my password ***** minutes ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alcatel Pop Star 2 is my phone
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you. There is a setting in google that we will need to change to allow pop email on your phone. Please give me just a moment to find it. That may solve the problem.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

On your laptop while in gmail, please click on the gear icon for settings. Then click on on forwarding and pop mail. Please make sure that both imap and pop mail are enabled. Let me know the results please.

Also, is this a new phone? Have you ever been able to sign in to gmail with it? Are you using the Gmail app form Google Play or the built-in app on your phone? Are you able to open a web brower and sign into www.google.com on your phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is all I see My Account
Welcome
Sign-in & security
Signing in to Google
Device activity & notifications
Connected apps & sites
Personal info & privacy
Your personal info
Manage your Google activity
Ads Settings
Control your content
Account preferences
Language & Input Tools
Accessibility
Your Google Drive storage
Delete your account or services
About Google
Privacy Policy
Help and Feedback
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Is this on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No on my laptop .... what is on my phone is the Protect Your Phone Need valid your google account first, please make sure your network is connected... which it is... press start to begin the process..... it will then ask me for my email ... which I put in ... then it will ask me for my password ***** I put in and then it will search and try to verify but it just ends up going back to the beginning and won't do anything else except repeat the first two steps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now my phone is back to the Start page...
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

On the gmail page, or any google page in the top right corner you should see your photo ( is you uploaded one) or an icon of some sort. If you move your mouse over it you should see your email address and name displayed. Below that you will see a gear icon. Click on that and then on the settings options. Before we go any further, can you tell me, is this a new phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's only a month new.... what happened today was that I bought an SD card for it and the lady put it in my phone... I had a message pop up telling me the SD card was damaged and I tapped it and it completely erased my phone, all my apps contacts pictures etc... so it went back to factory settings I guess and it made me start over... now I'm stuck in that rut
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in my account page but don't see a gear icon for settings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only account preferences
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I understand. Please click the link below and tell me if that is your phone.

http://support.alcatelonetouch.com/Alcatel_Support_Files/Manuals/3519ed4756364e384c417fcee5c3362a1414062258.pdf

I have to step away for just a moment but will be back asap to assist you. I will continue to work with you until we have this sorted out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like my phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, Suzon Pearson
Control, protect, and secure your account, all in one place
My Account gives you quick access to settings and tools that let you safeguard your data, protect your privacy, and decide how your information can make Google services work better for you.
Sign-in & security
Control your password ***** account-access settings.
Signing in to Google
Device activity & notifications
Connected apps & sites
Reviewed recently
Security Checkup
Protect your account in just a few minutes by reviewing your security settings and activity.
GET STARTED
Last checkup: 1 hour agoFind your phone
Whether you just forgot where you left it or it was stolen, a few simple steps may help you secure your phone or tablet.
GET STARTED
Personal info & privacy
Manage your visibility settings and the data we use to personalize your experience.
Your personal info
Manage your Google activity
Ads Settings
Control your content
Not reviewed
Privacy Checkup
Take this quick checkup to review important privacy settings and adjust them to your preference.
GET STARTED
My Activity
My Activity
Discover and control the data that’s created when you use Google services
GO TO MY ACTIVITY
Account preferences
Set language, accessibility, and other settings that help you use Google.
Language & Input Tools
Accessibility
Your Google Drive storage
Delete your account or services
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what my google page says
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in my settings screen now :)
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Great :) I'm back too. Ok do you see "forwarding and pop mail at the top"? If so, please click there and make sure that both are enabled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I had to get my banana bread out of the oven ... I'll go look
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Yummy! No Problem :).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm sorry I don't find that
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

OK no worries. Let's go back to the phone. On the main screen do you see a square with a bunch of smaller squares or dots in it? If so, please touch that, then touch setup wizard.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I seem to have lost you. If you'd like, when you return I can offer a phone call for only $5 ( it usually 19 and up). That might help us to get to the bottom of this more quickly. Just let me know what time zone you're in and what would be a good time to call.