ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I had to reset my operating system on my Samsung phone and

Customer Question

I had to reset my operating system on my Samsung phone and now when I try to log on it says "no google accounts match the information you provided". I have tried using 3 different google account login information and get the same response each time
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to contact google to see exactly what account and user name they have associated to this Samsung phone. is there somewhere I can look for this?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Google do not associate an account with the phone - you choose this when you set the phone up.

To find out what account you are using with the phone, you can log onto your Google account(s) using a computer and go to accounts page of the Play Store. You can then see what devices are attached with that account, with its registered and last used date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete. Thanks for your response. As far as I know (this is the problem), I have 3 google accounts. I had reset the password ***** all 3, and then I log in to each of them and looked in the play store and there was not financial information set up on any of them and I don't think I saw any associated devices.It is hard to remember, but I think when I got my new android phone I had to set up a new google account (because I couldn't remember the others?). On my phone, there is an option for help 'finding my account'. The first page has my cell phone number on it. Then the second page asks for a first and last name. I've tried a number of variations, and nothing works... the response is "no google accounts match the information you provided, try again". Is there another way to find out which name is ***** ***** the cell phone number? What would be my next step on this? I'd hate to have to return the phone for this problem, but I can't be the only person silly enough to have gotten into this situation. arggg!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
btw, I did try entering the 'names' from each of the 3 google accounts I know of, and that didn't provide success.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

If you cannot remember the account then you will have no option but to set up a further new one, or use one of the existing ones.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete. I don't have an option to select one of our other accounts during this login. I ended up calling Samsung and they are going to have us mail this in so they can remove the security lock.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all.

Best,

Pete.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?

Can I be of any further assistance?

Kindly take a moment to rate my service.

Thanks,

Pete.