Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I bought a Kindle child several months ago and I need to add

Customer Question

I bought a Kindle for a child several months ago and I need to add parental controls. Its different from the one I have and I can't even figure out how to turn it on. Embarrassing.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle? Please check at the back of it.

Also, does the kindle have touchscreen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is touchscreen. I don'e see anything on the back to indicate model. I bought it 5-6 months ago

Is it the Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Fire, etc.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindle Fire

Thank you. Please try the following steps to turn on Parental Controls:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Parental Controls.
  3. Tap the switch next to Parental Controls.
  4. Continue the instructions there.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I can do that I need to get it to turn on. It has been charging for an hour.

While the kindle fire is being charged, please press and hold the power on / off button on your kindle fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then see if you can follow my steps now. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry, but when I hold down the on of button the words Kindle Fire come onto the screen, but then nothing else happens and the words go away

Sorry. Did you press and hold the Power on / off button for about 30 seconds first?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that now, but still no results. Is there another step that needs to happen?

Sorry, that's strange. Please disconnect the power cord / charging cable from the kindle fire. Then press and hold the power on / off button harder this time for about 60 seconds

, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what's wrong, but I think I need to get some help with this part first from someone whose familiar with the devise and then get back to you for further assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very sorry, I need to discontinue the session. I hope I can get part of my money refunded.

I'm sorry. You asked for help about the parental controls issue originally. I did not know you are having other issue with your kindle fire also. Do you mean you cannot turn on the kindle fire at all, i.e., you cannot open anything nor go to menu / settings?

It looks like you have gotten a bad kindle fire. You can have the kindle fire repaired / replaced by Amazon. I can help with the parental controls issue later whenever you need. Thank you for your patience.

Do you need to know how to get Amazon to repair / replace your kindle fire?

Would you like me to keep this issue open, so you can get back to me later any time?

Also, in the mean time, would you like to know how to read kindle books on a computer or tablet or smartphone?