Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a proscan tablet google. I can't sign in with my

Customer Question

hi
I have a proscan tablet google. I can't sign in with my previous google email.
It's saying that the tablet was reset and it needs the previously synched email. I enter it and it won't take it. What can I do, I need this working for tomorrow.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

If you have changed your gmail address since you registered your Android device, Google does not keep track of the changes in your registration account, only in your gmail account. Therefore, if you want to register a new or factory reset or any other Android device using the same gmail address, you will need to remember and use the old gmail password.

If you cannot remember your old gmail password, you can create a new gmail account to register any additional device(s).

Please let me know if you have any problems with or questions about this advice. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a GOOD or an EXCELLENT rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi how can you help?...what do I need to do to figure out which email to use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me at ************. I need to use the tablet at a conference today

Do you still need assistance? I apologize for not offering the live telephone call earlier before your meeting, but i did not thin that it would be necessary, because I thought that my written answer was sufficient.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi J
Is not taking any gmail account and it keeps asking for the email used prior reset.

Immediately following a factory reset, an Android device has no memory of a prior gmail or email address. The memory is on the Google server.

Please do another factory reset. The first thing that should happen after the restart is that the device requests a gmail or email address for registration. There is an option at this point to create one if the user does not have one. You should take this option, since you cannot remember your original password.

For the registration process your device uses the cellular network. In order to guarantee that you are using this connection and are involved with the correct process and procedure, do not connect your device to your wifi network until after the registration has been accomplished.