Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Dragon touch y88x plus. daughter has a number lock screen we

Customer Question
want to by pass the...
dragon touch y88x plus. daughter has a number lock screen we want to by pass the number lock or do a hard reset
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
5/31/2016
Android Device Expert: Bryan, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Bryan, Customer Service

What were the results of doing the hard reset using the Power + Vol Down buttons?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does nothing I've tried power+ volume down with the power volume up also the combine keys. I've tried to go in through my computer I won't let me. I can't find anything on the net or builder on a hard reset

Can you get the tablet to turn off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It can power on and off. it will power on normal just goes to the pin lock screen and normal power off

Ok, turn the power off. And leave it off. Then press and hold the VolDn Key. Then press and hold the Power Key. When you see the Android Logo, that's when you you can release both keys. That should bring you into the Recovery options. Let me know if you make it there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok tried it twice both times it still powers up to the lock screen just in safe mode

And you're starting the procedure with the tablet off, correct? Pressing and holding VolDn before the Power? Do you see the Android Logo come up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
started off with power off held volume down then adding the power button with the volume I get the dragon touch logo twice then the android symbol I let go when the android symbol came up. I just tried same procedure with the volume up key instead off down with same results except the safe mode didn't activate

Ok, try again. But this time do not let go of the buttons until the screen changes off of the logo.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok tried twice with same procedure except past the android logo I got the safe mode again with lock screen but this time it took a screen shot

Give me just a minute

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
copy that

Let's try this somewhat different procedure:

1) Power down your tablet.
2) Tap the power-on button and volume down button at the same time, then release both
3) Tap and hold the power-on and volume down buttons until you see the android alien icon, then release both
4) tap the power-on and volume up again at the same time until you see the System recovery menu.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok tried that didn't work just went to main lock screen. I also tried multiple taps from step 4 instead of one. I also tried holding volume up key after the power low volume at the switch point till main screen instead. it turned off

hmmmm ... has the tablet been rooted?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I doubt it my daughter isn't that computer smart. the owners manual doesn't even tell you how to hard boot it. if there is a way to get in to it by other computer I have a hand built computer

We could try ADB, but she would have had to enable USB Debugging through Developer Options for that to work. Do you thnk she might have enabled that option?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I doubt she would know how to get into that. her man concern was social media and locking devices.

Yeah, most people don't enable it just because it could allow a stolen device to be reused easily even when hard resets fail. But you mentioned that you were able to get into "Safe Mode". What are your options there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its still the main lock screen just says safe mode in the lower left corner the screen is duller that's it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one thing I did notice is when you go to the power down screen it has 1)power down 2)reboot 3)silent mode as options

Can you log into her Google account on your PC, then go to play.google.com?

Oh ... this might not work anyway ... do you know which version of Android it's running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no she made sure we couldn't track her. I can't ask her she is on the run

ahhh ... got it. Ok, let me do some more digging ... see if we have any other options. In the meantime, is there a microSD card in the tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all I have on the box is quad core 1.3ghz android OS doesn't say if its a jelly bean
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no sd card first thing I looked for. I know desk tops these androids I don't know much

Ok, well from the specs it looks like it is JellyBean. But the app that can bypass locks is only available for KitKat.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok if you can do some more digging I need to get to work will check back in the morning the builder is tablet express

I've never not been able to get into a Recovery menu though. Between my wife and I we have 7 different Android devices all of the go to the restore menu in pretty much the same way. Sometimes switching the VolDn and VolUp keys at different points is needed, but they all yield at some point. I'll write more and let you check in the morning.

Ok, after about 1 1/2 hours of searching and investigating, I can find no reason why the first method would not have worked for you. My best solution would be to try the two ideas (with and without the key releases) alternating between the VoldDn and VolUp keys at various points until you can get that System Recovery screen. If nothing works, then the only option would be to return it to the site you purchased it from and have them reset it.

If you can get to the Recovery menu at any point, first "Wipe System Cache", then "wipe data/factory reset" and finally reboot.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you can't find no direct way to reset the tablet without playing with it on different configurations. so will I be still charged since I didn't really get a way to unlock this device. I'm going to call the builder to see what they say
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have figured some more stuff about the dragon touch it is a 4.4 KitKat android tablet pc maybe this will help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also on tablet express website there is different downloads for the tablet the down loads I don't which would help if any
the device is A Dragon Touch y88x plus 7" quad core google android 4.4 KitKat tablet pc with dual camera its a graphite black version. I will check in when up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also if there is a program that will by pass the pin lock that would be awesome it might give us some ideas where to look for her

The screen lock bypass is only available for 5.1, not 4.4 so that's a no go. You won't be charged anything at this point because you have not rated service. I would definitely recommend playing around with the boot up procedure using press and release, and hold while switching out VolDn and VulUp throughout. One of those combinations will allow you to get to the restore configuration. It's just finding the right configuration.

Alternatively, do you see a pin-sized hole where you might be able use a paperclip anywhere? I don't see one on the specs, but they might have left it off the spec sheet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No there isn't a reset on the unit. I will work on getting in touch with the builder

Ok, good luck.

Bryan, Customer Service