Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Android Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

Why is it that— even though I set the default storage to SD

Customer Question

Why is it that— even though I set the default storage to SD CARD files still go to Internal Storage?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me please what type of phone you have and who the Carrier is? That information will help me to provide you with the best possible answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an RCA Voyager Tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no carrier.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. You can store photos, music, or video files on the SD, but you can only save apps to the internal memory of the tablet, not to a removable memory like an SD card. This is a limitation of the Android system on your tablet. If you want to take photos/videos and assign it to the mini SD right away, go to Settings, Screenshot Setting and change the location to "Set the Location of Screenshot Storage".If you'd like to transfer, existing Pictures/Music/Videos, etc. heres how:Go to Apps Section, Open File Manager, Internal Storage, Find the right path where you stored the file, select the file by pressing/holding it and a menu will come up, choose "Move." Then, from File Manager, select Home and choose SD card or USB. Press and hold the screen and you should be able to move the file from there.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, or have further questions, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Give us a moment to try it, please.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Certainly. I'll be standing by in case you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see no such menu
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me please what you do see when you go to SETTINGS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a general menu.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Could you please tell me what options are available on the menu? If it would be easier for you I can offer the additional service of a phone call so we can each ask and answer questions more quickly and easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set default storage to SD CARD and it does not work.I want to save files. not apps.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Can you tell me how you set the default storage? What menu path did you use? Alos, there are several different models of the Voyager tablet. Since the general instructions aren't working for you can you please try to find a model number so I can provide more specific instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Files manager->Storage->Default Write Disk
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Is there an option to "Set home directory " under files manager?​
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I have asked if you can provide a model # ***** the Voyager tablet and and I have also asked "Is there an option to "Set home directory " under files manager?". I can't help if you don't answer the questions that I ask. I will opt out and see if another expert is willing to work with you on this, You won't have to repeat anything, The next expert will see our entire conversation and you will be notified via email when they pick up the question. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Voyager 2
RCT6773W22 B
No
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you with the problem you are having with your device. It will be very generous if you could please rate me on the services that I will offering you. Now let's get started with the issue you are having.
The reason being is because the internal storage is like a backup. Everything goes into the internal even after you move things to sd card.