Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Android Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

My android shows a number of unread texts in my messenger.

Customer Question

My android shows a number of unread texts in my messenger. When I click the icon there is no new message. The unread texts will stay for about a month then disappear. All the while I can still send and receive messages.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** how are you doing today? Are you still having this problem. If so let's try and figure the issue you are having. I am here to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Contacted customer care regarding this inquiry. I understood a response would be emailed to me, which I never received. I didn't know I had to check here for dialog. Yes, I'm still having the issue and customer care should have reopened this since nothing was done.
Well what's going on is that you have your messages set for monthly instead of 24 hrs or less. So you can go into settings and change that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good info, have not tried this. Where in settings can I change this? Can you specify the path
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I expect a reply to my follow up question? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found 24 hour format under date and time and selected it. The counter showed 6 text messages unread but when I opened text messenger, I still could not see them. So I powered down, and when it came back on, the 6 messages were gone. What's up?
Okay open up text messages and then hit the menu button. Menu pop up box should come up and from there it should give you some options to choose from. I believe you can set up how you want to set up messaging. Let me know if this works.