Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How can I stop the voice control on my kindle fire 8.9? It

Customer Question
won't open. The open page...
How can I stop the voice control on my kindle fire 8.9? It won't open. The open page comes up but when I try to swipe left, nothing happens
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/14/2016
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Android Tech
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. The Voice Guide or Screen Reader feature of your Kindle is turned on. When it is turned on, you have to double tap instead of single tap to select the item or open Apps. To move or slide, use two fingers. Follow the steps below to turn off the Voice Guide feature. Method 1 (for old Kindles): Go to Settings(Double tap and hold the top bar on the screen, and then pull the bar downward to view the Settings menu)Select (double tap)“More”.Select (double tap)the “Accessibility” option to open the Accessibility menu.Slide (double tap and slide) the “Text-to-Speech” toggle to the Off position.Slide (double tap and slide) the “Voice Guide” toggle to the Off position. Method 2 (for new Kindles): In some screen,swipe down from the top with two fingers. Double tap Settings. This will bring Settings.In Settings, you will see several options. Now scroll up with two fingers at same time and you will see Accessibility option.Tap on it and double tap on it to open.Tap on Vision Settings and double tap on Vision Settings to open it.Now you will see Screen Reader at top. Turn it off by tapping two times on OFF button. When iti s off, go back to home screen. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not solved.
Please tell me at which step you are having issue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I couldn't access anything. I don't wish to continue. I only want to pay the $5 fee and to close the account.
Like I mentioned, when the voice guide/screen reader is on you have to use two fingers at same time to swipe to move. Moving with one finger will not work. To select or open item, you have to select it first and then double tap on it (touch twice fast) and it will open that item. If you don't wish to continue, then you don't have to pay anything. You can contact***@******.*** to cancel this question and refund. Please don't rate me bad or poor or anything. You don't have to rate anything. Best Regards,Ashik
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your answer was probably correct but I couldn't make the device open. Thank you.
I'm sorry. When it is turn, it will take a few tries to turn it off. Unlock the device (use two fingers to swipe and unlock it) See this sample video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZlWh5yK9M The above video is for older Kindles. If you are on new Kindle, then follow the steps below (refer the video to see how it works) In some screen,swipe down from the top with two fingers. Tap and double tap Settings. This will bring Settings.In Settings, you will see several options. Now scroll up with two fingers at same time and you will see Accessibility option.Tap on it and double tap on it to open.Tap on Vision Settings and double tap on Vision Settings to open it.Now you will see Screen Reader at top. Turn it off by tapping two times on OFF button. When iti s off, go back to home screen. If you don't wish to continue, then you don't have to pay anything. You can contact***@******.*** to cancel this question and refund. Best Regards,Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech