Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My ZTE mavens is locked with fib $500 virus

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
5/8/2016
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Android Tech
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. The FBI virus usually affect the android system file by installing an app. Is your entire phone locked down or just the internet app ? If it is just the internet app that is locked, then please let me know. If the entire phone is locked down, then follow the steps below. Once it is infected, it is hard to remove it. You may need to factory reset the phone. But you can boot into Safe Mode and try to remove it, also backup your important files if reset is needed. To boot into Safe Mode,press and hold down Power button at the same time and this will bring turn off screen. Tap and hold down Power off option for a few seconds and it will ask you whether you want to boot into Safe Mode. Tap OK (if you don't see this, then hold down Restart for few seconds and see if it bring Safe mode). Once it booted into Safe mode, lets try to remove it manually. Go to Settings, then click on Security and select Device administrators. Uncheck all weird apps in there (like Like flash player, Ba Doink, AnnallLockscreen, Screen saver etc). If you see an option to remove it there, then do it. Ignore if you don't see remove option. Go to Settings > Application Manager or Applications. You will see several tabs there like Downloaded,Installed etc. Select Downloaded and do you see any unusual apps there ? Likeflash player, BaDoink, AnnallLockscreen etc. If so remove them. Remove all of them. Also check All tab. Remove them if you find any weird apps. Then go to Play Store and download Avast ransomware removal tool or Malwarebytes AntiMalware. Install and run it. Does it find anything ? If so, delete then. Then restart. If you are still seeing the virus, then we have to reset it as the virus disguise as a system app and it is hard to identify it. Boot into Safe Mode again. Then go to Settings > Backup & Reset and do the factory reset from there. (Resetting will delete everything from the phone unfortunately. But you can connect it to your computer and backup your photos and stuffs first before resetting it.) Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Ashik, Android Tech