ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Forgot my encrypted password ***** Xoom

Customer Question

forgot my encrypted password ***** Xoom
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

There is no way to recover your encrypted Xoom with the data and apps intact without the password.

However, you can restore the tablet to a Factory fresh state using the Android Recovery mode to do a Factory Data Reset at boot-up.

CAUTION: This will erase all data and apps. Be VERY careful, making a mistake using this FDR process could have very bad consequences.

Here are the steps:

1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.

2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)

3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up).

4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons.

5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.

6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu.

7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset

8. Tap Power hard key to select option.

9. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.

10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.

11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?