Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I've lost all my photos from my HTC one mini 2 from my photo

Customer Question

I've lost all my photos from my HTC one mini 2 from my photo gallery and I had over 1000 photos ?!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What is recommended for that problem is simple: First, try a restart of your Android device. Ideally, actually, you should shut it down, power it Off, leave it that way for about 20 minutes or more, then start it up again.A restart and a rest period thrown in, that is. After that... your photos, if still missing (for Photo Gallery as an app has been reported to seemingly shuffle photos in and out of existence) might perhaps be found online in the Cloud, if Cloud Backup is enabled on your HTC. Also: What Android version is on your HTC One?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have cloud back up on my HTC and where will I find the information to tell me what android version my phone Is ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have cloud back up but my android version is 4.42
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Check whether your 4.4.2 has security holes in it: If your phone has the Android OS on it, and that OS version is not sufficiently updated, then it may contain a significant 'security hole' that allows almost anyone to gain access and control over your phone. To test as to that security hole, download and use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector to tell whether there is such a security hole in your phone's Android operating system. To avoid the problem in the first place, not just using the Stagefright detector, but also completely updating your Android OS ab initio when you first start using it, is a good idea. (Some older versions of Android OS cannot be patched, by merely updating that version... but a higher version, if it can run on the older Android OS -compatible phone, can cure that problem.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded the app from the link you sent me and it says my phone is vulnerable .. I desperately want and need all these pictures back as I had over 1000 and their all very personal to me ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I honestly don't know what to suggest at this point. I am not terribly expert at data retrieval or data recovery cases where Android OS devices are concerned, though I have uncovered a possible cause (and I hope not) that your phone may have been hacked. I am Opting Out, with apologies and my sympathies, in favor of an Expert who knows about Android device data retrieval.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeDo you still need assistance with this? Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please ... In getting my felted photos back I had over 1000 in my gallery and now I can't find any of them ?!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksFirst, download an app on the phone called OI File ManagerTell me when you have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've downloaded it Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, open it and locate folders called DCIM.Check these folders (usually you will have one on the internal memory and one on the memory card)And tell me if you see the photos there please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see some of my photos but not 1900 like what I had originally 😞 ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
did you find both DCIM folders?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's just one that says DCIM
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
is it on the internal memory or SD card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't say
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you will see it when you open the OI File Manager app, you see Storage, press it then exxSDCard then locate DCIM please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm having great difficulty in finding it .. and I desperately want these photos back ..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
were the photos stored on the phones internal memory or the SD card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure !?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect the phone to the computer and let the computer detected.Press the windows key + EIn the new window, tell me which drive the phone appears as please.