Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Oh ... I have a samsung core and I can't get it to "see"

Customer Question

oh hi... I have a samsung core and I can't get it to "see" my jam plus speaker. I've reset, I've made it visible to any device with no results.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That really sounds as if the one speaker was 'dead', wirelessly at least. Are there any status indications on it? Try turning all the other speakers Off and unplugging them if they have power plugs. See if the Jam Plus becomes visible that way, in case one of them is 'jamming' that one. How old is the Jam Plus speaker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, Jam Plus is about 2 1/2 years old, not used too much. Charged fully, turns on correctly and bluetooth indicator lights up as before. I pushed reset twice also. Other (3) speakers are turned off/unplugged. Is there a limit to how many can be paired? Should I "unpair" them? Is that even possible? Wifi is functioning in home. Does scan for device rely on cell service at all?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Pairing will be broken by being turned Off.So with them Off, there should be no interference. I think that, with 2 1/2 years, your Jam Plus has unfortunately worn out and died, in some vital respect where Bluetooth communicating or broadcasting is concerned. The Bluetooth light just indicates that the circuitry for Bluetooth, in whatever condition, including 'broken', is turned On. I'm sorry to say it, but if you've tried several times and other Bluetooth speakers work from the same device(s), that's about all the conclusion that is left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bummer.... I guess that's why they are cheap to buy. Thank you. I shall stop frustrating myself trying to make it work. Cheers, Kate
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It is a shame when a device dies, but they're not made to work forever. If you need any further advice on the matter, let me know. (If you're done, please rate my answer. Thanks.)