Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have recently received a new LG G4 cellphone. My old

Customer Question

Hi, I have recently received a new LG G4 cellphone. My old phone was a Samsung S4. I am paying for Tethering. I created a Hotspot and connect to it using a Samsung Note Pro tablet via wiFi. I have no issues connecting, however, my applications are not seeing the internet. I had no issues with my previous Samsung S4. Please advise.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Be sure that the hotspot is working byA. checking that the status of that phone, with the service provider, is A-OK, and that they can verify the device has internet access in a usable form. This may take a call to your service provider's Customer Service department.also, if possibleB. use another device to connect to the hotspot with WiFi - and if it also does not get internet, something is wrong with the hotspot, period. And we can go from there if that's the indication.also useful:on the tablet, run an app likeNetwork Info IIand see what the reported status of the Default Gateway etc. is. That might also tell you whether you have an internet connection that is 'up', there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell,Sorry, I was away for the weekend and could not get to this. Although I do have some updates to hopefully help resolve my issue.A. I do have an internet connection when connecting from my tablet to my LG G4 hotspot. My gmail is slow but downloads. I'm able to get the weather to update. I run speed test and get about 10Mb down and 5 Mb Up.B. I had my someone connect from his Samsung phone to my hotspot LG G4. No issues connecting. He ran Speedtest and had decent Download and Up load speeds. We next installed the Teamviewer application on his phone connected to my Hotspot and the application could not connect.I also ran WiFi Analyzer on my tablet and could clearly see, IP
s , default gateway connections etc.I was next going to try and contact the folks at Teamviewer.Any other suggestions?
Joe
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
The failure of Teamviewer suggests firewall issues, to me. So it's Teamviewer and the apps on the tablet that the hotspot is itself tethered to that have difficulty working with it? is that a good summary? but I think you've said it's slow but it works from the tablet... if that's the same tablet it is tethered to. If it's only Teamviewer, that's a firewall issue almost undoubtedly. A port for Teamv. will need opening, or the like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell,Yes, other applications on the tablet seem to run fine when connected to the LG G4 hotspot. Teamviewer application seems to be the issue. Where would the FW ports need to be opened? On the Tablet, Teamviewer app or Phone?I have a query out to Teamviewer. I have not received a response yet.
Regards,
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Teamviewer doesn't have a firewall that I know of, and I would not think that it would.On the tablet most likely, or first, but possibly on the phone, if the phone's internet has a firewall.