Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

Just purchased a kindle 3G Touch express purpose of

Customer Question

Just purchased a kindle 3G Touch for the express purpose of having text-to- speech option as I am visually impaired. However, when I attempt to turn on text to speech, I receive a notice "Text-to-speech encountered an error...Restart Kindle from Menu in Settings...". I've done that but when I go back to text-to-speech, I get the same notice. What can I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Lets try resetting your kindle; follow the steps below:1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.Please remove the usb cable also.2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.3) Please press and hold your kindle for atleast 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for atleast 25 seconds.Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, when I did as you instructed and then attempted to activate text-to-speech, i got the same error message.
How you enable text to speech?Do you follow the instructions as mentioned below?Open any book that you want your Kindle to read to you.Then press the Menu button.Select Start Text-to-Speech from the Menu options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed all the instructions you gave me for resetting my kindle. I also tried several times to enable text-to-speech as directed by kindle you listed above.
What error you get?Could you please type the exact error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Text- to- Speech Alert
Text-to-speech encountered an error. Please restart your Kindle from Menu in Settings. If the problem persists contact Kindle Customer Service at //www.Kindle.com/support
If resetting doesn't helps then it verifies that kindle's firmware has gone bad and the only option left is to reinstall the firmware. For that you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA# ***** to sending it. In your case Amazon will replace the Kindle as its just out of the box and under warranty. Here is the link for Kindle Service and Warranty information along with their phone number.http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarrantyYou can also contact kindle support atUnited States: 1-***-***-****Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****
Please be kind enough to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.