Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My phone froze up yesterday so I powered it off and turned

Customer Question

My phone froze up yesterday so I powered it off and turned it back on. It won't let me in my phone with my thumb print its asking for password. I have tried every password ***** have ever had it won't let me in
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are telling me at Sprint that I will loose everything in my phone for them to fix it. I have too many pics of my parents which I no longer have I can't delete all of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, is anybody there
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Are you able to unlock the phone via Google account (Gmail)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you do that
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
If you enter your password ***** enough times (usually around 15-20 times) you will be prompted to unlock via the Google Account credentials option.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been trying to get into my phone since yesterday
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Please try entering the wrong password ***** 15-20 times in a row without stopping
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already had to pay 35
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it won't let you, you have to wait an hour every time
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Is your phone connected to Wi-Fi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Do you have Remote Control enabled under Find my mobile?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what that is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a single grand mother raising my grand daughter I have to have my phone
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Let's check to see if you had it enabled.. Click here: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do You need sign in with your Samsung account as shown below in the left panel. Once logging in, one of the registered devices will be listed as shown below.The registered devices means any devices with your Samsung account. You can click it to see all of your devices with your Samsung account. Click any of them to make it active.Make sure your Galaxy S6 or S6 edge is listed and active.You also need make sure the Connection and Remote controls are on. if your Galaxy S6 or S6 edge has no internet access, it be shown as OFF.Scroll down and expand Unlock my device as shown below. Now you can unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge by clicking Unlock my screen as shown below.You will get the feedback on the screen:The screen is unlocked. Setup screen lock on the device.Now, your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge should be unlocked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does it mean by my ID
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Which step are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung login
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
You will need to enter your email address and password ***** with your Samsung account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did it said no imformation found
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, since you are not able to bypass the password ***** with your Gmail account or Samsung login information, you will need to do a factory reset that was suggested by the store previously.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I CAN"T LOOSE ALL THE PICS OF MY PARENTS
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I completely understand what you are saying but since you are not able to remember your password ***** you cannot bypass the password ***** by using the methods I have provided, there is nothing more that can be done. The lock screen is built for security so that someone cannot gain access to your phone without your consent. Unfortunately, sometimes the feature will backfire on users if they cannot remember their password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
The rating system can be found at the top or bottom of the screen. Please use the actual rating system and press the Submit button so I am credited with helping you.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.