Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I have an older kindle n didn't update by March 22 2016. Now

Customer Question

I have an older kindle n didn't update by March 22 2016. Now I can't update my kindle. It won't recognize my wifi and password.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message when trying to connect the kindle to your wi-fi / wireless network name?Is it asking for wireless / wi-fi password? Or Amazon account password? etc.?Do you also have a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or a Mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Note: Your kindle is the 4th / 5th Generation. Please try the following:1. From Home screen, press the Menu button, and then select Settings in order to check your current Kindle version.2. On a Windows or Mac computer, go to the website below:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_top_kindlelgi?nodeId=200774090, then there, download and save the software update file there (but do not open it.)3. Connect the Kindle to the computer.4. Copy / drag the downloaded update file to the Kindle device icon (or kindle's drive letter) on the computer's screen.5. Once that is done, eject / disconnect the kindle from the computer.6. Then do the follow steps on the kindle:From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.Press the Menu button again, and then select Update Your Kindle. (This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.)Select OK to perform the update. Your Kindle will restart twice during the update. After the first update, you will see Your Kindle is Updating.; Once the update is complete, your Kindle will automatically restart.- Also, here is the instruction video:https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710#GUID-87EF466F-452A-4015-A753-FE062B233316When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.