Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I accidently deleted my galley instead of an individual picture.

Customer Question

I accidently deleted my galley instead of an individual picture. Can I get these back? It seems like the at&t phone is different than some others so without rooting the phone, it doesn't recognize it. Dick
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model name of your smartphone?
You do not need to root your smartphone, but you do need to activate Developer Options and USB Debugging.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned on USB Debugging through Developer options as I needed that to try these many apps and programs to try and get into this phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, one year old, and model no SM-G920A which is an AT&T phone. It has Android version 5.1.1. It is Build number LMY47XG920AUCU3BOJ9. I have tried Wondershare DrFone, RemoRecover for Android, Jihosoft Android and Android Data Recovery plus a couple others. I even tried to root the phone but wasn't successful at that either. Others have had good luck with these programs but with AT&T, it seems like they have blocked a lot of these. Just wondering if there is another way. I use Recuva if I have a SD card and that works. This phone has build in memory with no removable SD card. Thanks, Dick
Thank you for your detailed description of what you have done so far. Another app that I recommend is 7-Data Recovery. I have a question about your recovery efforts. What makes you think that these recovery apps are being blocked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the comments of the developer, he said if this program was run within a month or slightly more of issue, it will work but they seem to block it after that and that is what is described in the comments section of those who try it. I tried 7-data recovery but it cannot find my phone even tho the drivers loaded and tried all the settings on my phone I could think of. I cannot get to usb mass storage without rooting the phone, only a media device MTP or a camera PTP. In the comments, it seems like no one can get this to work who has a system of 4.or higher and mine is 5.1.1. I only can see my backup synoiogy unit as an option which is fine. I have my comuter backed up well but not the phone. I do not but still would like to recover the pictures that I lost the file name to. It probably isn't possible without rooting the phone but thought I would ask someone else who knows more than me. Thanks, Dick