Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a Motorola Turbo. My daughter tried to unlock my

Customer Question
I have a Motorola...
I have a Motorola Turbo. My daughter tried to unlock my phone by guessing my pin. She locked it up, turned it off. Now I can't get passed the GMAIL. It says "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google account that was previously synced on this device". I didn't know my password, but my gmail account is***@******.***. I had my password ***** I attempted again, and it loops me back to the sign in request. There was another gmail account that I tried***@******.***. I attempted to reset that password ***** it gives me a partial recovery gmail that isn't mine. I have my work synced to my phone as well. I can't get into my phone. I've tried to reset the factory settings by holding down the down volume and power off button. That didn't work either. Please help me. thank you. Debbie
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
3/16/2016
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that happened.

Unfortunately the phone will remain locked for 72 hours> PLEASE SEE BELOW INFORMATION>

A factory data reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync.

WARNING To avoid being locked out of your device for 72 hours, it's strongly recommended to review the following before attempting to perform this reset:

• For devices with Android Device Protection enabled:
    • It's imperative the GoogleTM email address and password ***** known before performing a reset on the device.
    • If the password ***** the Google account used to enable Device Protection on the device can't be remembered:
      • Attempt to log in with any Google account previously used on the device.
      • Reset the password.
        Once reset, the device won't accept the new password ***** can't be used for 72 hours.

Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including:

• GoogleTM account
  • System and app data
  • App settings
  • Downloaded apps
  • Media (Music, pictures and videos, etc.)

Notes:

• An alternate reset method is available if the device is responsive and can be powered on.
  • If a pattern, PIN, etc. is or has ever been set up on the device, Google account sign in is required during initial setup.
  1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down button for 3 seconds. While still holding the Volume Down button, press and release the Power button.
  3. Select Recovery mode.
    Utilize the Volume buttons to scroll through the menu options and the Power button to select.
  4. From the "No command" screen, press and hold the Power button then press and release theVolume Up button to display the menu options.
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  6. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
  7. Select reboot system now.
    Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
    To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
  8. Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance, also take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Randy. Well, I'll find out tonight if I can get on my phone as that is the 72 hour mark. I'll let you know then. :) ThanksDebbie

sounds good! I hope everything works out.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician