Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have a Kindle and I am not able to get to use mail and…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle and...
I have a Kindle and I am not able to get to use mail and some games. I think the problem is that I have changed internet providers. My kindle is registered to Marion G. McLean and the old provider was Fair Point, now my internet provider is twc.com. How can I change this so I can use my kindle. Thank you. Marion *. *****
I also have books that are downloaded but have not read them. I just need to have my new email address changed to *******@***.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
3/8/2016
Android Device Expert: Cris, Technician replied 2 years ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

It sounds like you changed Internet provider and your WiFi router was changed. Meaning you now have a new network and password ***** your wireless network. Did you re-connect your Kindle or other devices to your new wireless network?

I have changed Internet providers and I am able to use all except for my kindle. I see that you have charged my credit card which I was told would not happen until I was satisfied and I am not because I do not have access to my email or some games and have notified my credit card not to pay until I am able to use everything on my kindle. Why I am not getting a free trial and I certainly am not going to pay $26.00 a month when I only want to be able to use my kindle.

So that you are aware this is justanswer.com on the site you pay a fee to ask a question. A expert is not compensated until the customer selects a positive rating. Just Answer will offer a free trial after your first initial payment. That is entirely up to you if you like to take advantage of that.

I can work with you on the Kindle issue as I will need to know if the device has been connected to WiFi?

I have not seen a response and my credit card has paid you $26.00 and I still cannot get my email on my kindle. I am 81 years old, deaf and rely on using my kindle to keep in touch with family and friends, I cannot use the phone and you have been paid and I still cannot use my kindle for email. Will be in touch with help for the elderly and wonder if this is a scam?

I am here to help but I need to ask questions and will need you to work with me in resolving your issue. If we can't get it resolved for some reason I can have customer service refund your money.

Please let me know:

1) Is your Kindle connected to WiFi?

2) What email service are you trying to add to your Kindle? AOL, Hotmail, Gmail, etc..?

My kindle is connected to wifi and I am trying to get my email through gmail. There are also some games that I cannot play.

When you try to configure that account on the Kindle what happens? Or have you tried to configure the account on the Kindle?

I have no idea about configuring the account. I was able to get my Facebook on kindle and expected to have gmail also

OK, let's try to get your account configured onto your Kindle. Just need to know which Kindle model you have exactly to bring you proper instructions.

Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite?

As far as I know it is Kindle Fire, I have had it for a long time

To set up an email account:

1. From the App Grid on the Home screen, tap Email.
  2. Enter your email address, and then tap Next.
  3. Enter the password ***** your email account, and then tap Next.
  4. After configuring your email account, tap Go to Inbox.

Let me know if this works for you.

I need a password ***** order to get to apps

OK, now it is prompting for your Amazon account password? If so that would be different login then logging into your email account.

would that be my password ***** my gmail

No, if your Kindle is prompting you for a password ***** get into your apps. That could be the password ***** use for the Amazon account.

Please this link to log into your Kindle Manage Page. If you are able to log in that would be the password ***** the apps I would assume if you can't click on Forgot Password ***** follow the prompts to reset the password.

http://tinyurl.com/ostoyg4

Let me know how you make out.

I have every password ***** have and still unable to get to apps. Not sure but when I purchased kindle it was registered to Marion G. McLean and***@******.***

Can you explain a little more in detail. For instance are you trying to open Facebook app and it ask you to log in?

I am trying to get on my kindle and it wants a password before I can get to apps

That seems to be the Amazon account.

Where you able to log into your Amazon account from the link I provided previously?

I have not received an answer but was charged $26.00 and DO NOT SET THIS UP FOR MONTHLY PAYMENT. I WANT NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY WHICH I BELIEVE IS A SCAM AND WILL NE SEEKING LEGAL HELP.

Will have you money refunded.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer