Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have tried every instruction I can find but unable to get

Customer Question
my Outlook calendar with my...
I have tried every instruction I can find but unable to get my Outlook calendar with my Google calendar in Samsung S-4 phone. I have taken my phone to Verizon and they say all is set up correctly on the phone. I went to Geek Squad at Best Buy and they say all is set up correctly on my computer. BB indicated the server is the problem; the sync command is sent from both ends but the server does not seem to process it. I contacted Comcast and they indicated it is the Google server that is the issue. Do you have any ideas on this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
3/6/2016
Android Device Expert: comp_audio,
 replied 1 year ago
comp_audio

Hello, please tell me if you have looked at this yet?

https://www.google.com/sync/index.html

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, and I didn't expect to pay $52 for someone to tell me to go to a web site. I am 77 years old, this stuff is not easy for my like younger people that grew up in the computer world. I expected someone to fix the issue for me if possible.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just looked at the link you sent and I have been through all those steps several times in past months trying to solve the problem. If is a server problem then anything I do from my end is not going to help, even the Geek Squad techs could not solv the problem, that is why they told me to contact Google.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to go to bed, will have to carry on with this tomorrow, thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have looked at it, couldn't get anything there to solve the problem. I would be interested in giving control of my computer to see if you can help. I am told by others that the sync command is being sent from the phone & the computer but the Google server does not seem to recognize it and process. Thanks
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Android Specialist

Hi there Orville and welcome

Which version of outlook on your computer do you have the calendar in? Or are you referring to the outlook.com online calendar?

Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am using Outlook 2010 on my home computer and I have a Galaxy S4 Android phone

ok, the only software you need for this is Kies.

Download it from my link below (is free)

http://www.samsung.com/levant/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

Install it on your computer (you want Kies 3), then connect your phone to the computer and open Kies

Within the program then choose to synch your Calendar and it will synch your Outlook calendar to the phone.

Let me know how you go please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard: I tried to download Kies twice, each time it defaults to Kies 3, the second time it did install, put Icon on Desk Top but then it gets in to downloading pictures, sharing info etc. I connected my phone to computer, don't see that anything happened, not sure how to proceed. Thanks

yes, it will say it is now synching, tell me when the synching has completed please, it will tell you on that screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard, I am so excited, it did sync, I have been trying for months to resolve this issue. Will it continue to sync automatically, I don't want it n manual. Also I discovered I have another issue, when I create an event on my phone Google calendar, it does not show up when I save it, could you please help me with that. Thanks, Orv

yes it will, you need to connect it to the computer though and run ut and it will synch the calendar.

The calendar on Google is different to this one Orv, you need to choose one or the other.

To be honest, its much better to use the Google calendar as its all automatic and wireless else you need to do this all via Kies, manually.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a small Insurance business in my home, I have 4 different emails I access through Outlook for business & personal so using Google calendar for my work and personal would separate everything, making it very inconvenient and uncoordinated. I assume one cannot use Google calendar in Outlook, or coordinate it with Outlook, correct? What about the issue of calendar events not being saved on my Google phone calendar when I create a new event?

There is a free tool that would do this for you to synch the Google calendar into outlook.

You can get it here Orv

http://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/

read through the page as it will explain how it works, and then run it and it will synch the calendars for you, then you can use Kies to get it onto the phone.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard: My issue has still not ben totally resolved. The initial sync I did worked but now when I add a new event to Outlook and ask Keis to sync, I keep getting an error message "an error occurred while preparing to sync, task canceled" By the way, I had no problem until about June last year, everything synced perfectly and automatically. I have a good friend that does the same thing, his still works fine and he does not have to use something like Kies. Did something change last year in how outlook and smartphones communicate?

You outlook calendar does not synch online, it is only stored on your computer, so it has to connect to the computer in order to synch.

Restart the phone and computer tell me if it now synchs

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still getting an error message when trying to sync, It appears this issue cannot be resolved so lets just drop it, and I will not be charged for your services. Thanks, Orv

you will have to speak to customer service about charges.

Of course the issue can be resolved Orv, just takes some time and patience, and its a pity you did not give me any as I am the only one who got you progressing on this issue (Richard, I am so excited, it did sync, I have been trying for months to resolve this issue.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you believe it can still be resolved I am all for going ahead with it but you are not answering some of questions like why did everything work previously, why does my friend have no problem syncing his Google calendar with his Android phone by simply following the instructions to do so, he doesn't have to use Kies or anything. It would appear there mist be some corruption in my system somewhere

I cannot say why it worked before and now doesn't as I never saw your system or what was changed to cause this.

why does my friend have no problem syncing his Google calendar with his Android phone by simply following the instructions to do so

Because your synching your outlook calendar, as I explained before, the Google Account is done wirelessly, but you said no to this.

With all due respect Orv, I am answering the questions you are asking

So once more, do you want to keep using outlook or Google?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am sorry, I misspoke, my friend uses Outlook just as I do and has no problems, I am not real computer literate and sometimes get confused and use the wrong words. Yes I would like to continue to trying to resolve the issue. Do you think I need to possibly re-install Outlook or the Google calendar on my phone?

ok.. then your referring to synching over wifi with Kies like what we are doing now but over wifi instead of cable.

Follow the instructions here to alter the connection method to wifi

http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2243324

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a g-mail account and an outlook email account. My phone has always synced continually because I choose "push" as the frequency to sync my phone calendar with outlook. Everything has been done through the internet, not Wi-Fi or anything of that sort

Im opting out of working with you further Orv, All the best with having this resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why is that

I see no one has picked up the case, it will be due to or the confusing information about your setup

I can look at it directly on the computer via a remote desktop connection, but this is an additional cost, but for you it is the only real way forward for this.

If you wish to do this, please accept the offer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I really don't want to pay that much to get it fixed so I will just continue to do without it as I have been doing. Sorry about any confusion; I assumed anyone syncing their Outlook calendar with their Google phone calendar was doing it through the internet. Regards, ***** ***** all your efforts. Orv

No, thats not how it works... and what I have been trying to explain many times, you need to purchase a tool to do this.

Or just use the Outlook calendar Orv.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Richard, Android Specialist