Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a Samsung galaxy j2 and it keeps popping up a message

Customer Question

I have a Samsung galaxy j2 and it keeps popping up a message that's says unfortunately the process com.google.gapps has stopped when I click OK it pops back up. It won't clear off or let me hard wire factory reset. How do I get my phone to work again
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That message indicates that the core Android system is corrupted and you will have to factory reset. Do you have any important files on it ? Is it ok to factory reset it ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If the phone is not allowing you to do anything, then you have to factory reset it. Factory reset will delete everything from the phone and install a fresh working software on it. If you want to factory reset it, then follow the steps below (remember, this will delete everything from it and restore it to factory condition);

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the phone. Then setup the phone again. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.