Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have a kindle 2.5.6 which is also connected to my ipad via

Customer Question

I have a kindle 2.5.6 which is also connected to my ipad via amazon I recently reeived a notice entitled "Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers from Amazon.com It lists a number of kindle devices that require a software update by March 22 or else it will no longer be possible to download kindle books from the cloud, access the kindle stor and use other kindle services with any of the listed devices.
kindle 2.5.6 is not a listed device I tried, anyway to try to download the updates using both the directions for updating via wi fi and the directions for updating via 3G nothing has worked
I really cannot afford to lose access to all the books I have bought from kindle Can you tell me what I need to do I can be reached at(###) ###-####or via email and would like to talk with someone thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You will not lose any books from your Amazon account because they are all saved on your Amazon cloud. Even if this Kindle stopped working, you can buy a new Kindle and redownload all your books without paying again. Since you're unable to update via WiFi or 3G, we can now update using your computer.

Do you have a computer there ?