Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

On LG L38C I have added a 32gb sd card. But even then when I…

Customer Question
On LG L38C I...
On LG L38C I have added a 32gb sd card. But even then when I try to download an app I get an error message "Insufficient storage" How come
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/2/2016
Android Device Expert: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am the person that will be helping you today.

In order to free up internal memory, you must manually move the current applications on the device to the SD card. I have typed the instructions for you to follow, below.

- Tap the All apps icon > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > In the downloaded applications tab, tap each application and do the following:
---> Tap the Move to SD card option.

Once that is all done, you will have a lot more empty space in the internal memory of the device.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

I get to the stage where I should see maage apps. There I am told I can uninstall updates.
and that is on only five apps
I did not get to the MOve to sd card option
P>S MY time on the computer is limited so pease bear with me!!

You can only move apps that were downloaded. On that page, tap the Downloaded tab. All the apps on that page should be able to move to the SD card. Try moving a few to the sd card and update me on your status. Thank you.

I prefer chatting. It gve a chance to follow your instructions at my speed
I followed you initial instructions Clicking Apps>settings>apps>manage apps>. The only reference to "downloads" gives options" download screening" "or not" with four apps shown "gmail" "google play store"street view"voie search" and that is all I do not get a
downloaded applications tab"

After you click Manage Apps, look at the top of the cell phone screen. You don't see a Downloaded tab? You can only move apps to the SD card that you have installed.

After you click the Manage Apps item, you only see 4 things? (Gmail, Google Play, & Street view, and Voice search)

After you click Manage Apps, look at the top of the cell phone screen. You don't see a Downloaded tab? If not, click the All tab or another tab. You can only move apps to the SD card that you have installed.

Jason Jones, Customer Service