Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How do I upload pictures and videos from my phone to pc? I

Customer Question
have it installed in my...
How do I upload pictures and videos from my phone to pc? I have it installed in my pc but cannot find anything. It is a Samsung Galaxy5.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
2/29/2016
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Android Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Windows are you using on your PC ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows7

First download and install latest Smart Switch application on your PC from here --> http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

The will install latest drivers for your phone on your computer. Then connect your phone to your computer and unlock the screen of your phone.

Open Computer (from Start menu). You can find your phone in there. Open it and you can find the pictures of your phones memory (Internal memory and/or SD card). Open Camera folder and open the sub folders to see your pictures. If you don't see Camera folder, open DCIM folder and check inside it. Just copy and paste them to your computer or click and drag them to your computer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I press backup?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've installed do i press backup?

Sorry for the delayed response. Lost connection in here No, don't press Backup. Don't do anything in Smart Switch. Close it. Open Computer and do you see your phone in there ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To late I did. Will it ruin anything? But I just figured how to import pics and videos. I right clicked on my phone name.

Nope. In fact that is a good thing. It backup everything on your phone to your computer.

I'm glad you figured it out. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you know anything about combining separate videos into a movie?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 3 videos of the same event. They automatically stopped and I had to record new ones to continue on my cell phone.

Yes, for that you need to download Movie Maker applications. See here --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/get-movie-maker-download

You can also combine them from your phone itself. On your phone, open Play Store. Search Video Editor and download any free one. Then you can use those applications to combine them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have others, I'd like to organize them by dates, also.

It can be done both from your phone or PC.

You can do it from your phone using Samsung video editor or third party video editors you can download from Play Store. See here --> http://android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/use-samsungs-hidden-video-editor-any-galaxy-device-0162324/

It is better to do it form your computer. Download Movie Maker on your computer from here --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/get-movie-maker-download

Open Movie Makaer and you will be able import your videos or photos, combine them, add transitions and export them to single movie

What do you mean by 'Others' ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Other videos. I'd like to organize and transfer to a USB memory drive.

You can combine them with Movie Maker. Movie Maker is free. There are also many premium applications applications available that are easy to use with great features. See here --> http://filmora.wondershare.com/

FYI there is a way to connect the USB memory drive directly to your phone which allow you to transfer files from your phone to memory drive without using computer. For that you can buy the USB OTG Adapter --> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+otg

If you want to combine the videos and transfer them to USB, then you have to use video editors like Movie Maker to combine and export them to a single movie. Then you can copy it to USB drive.

If you just want to transfer the videos/photos to USB without combining them, then you don't need to use video editors. After downloading them to your computer (using my first instructions), you will find them in your Personal folder. Open Computer. Open the Pictures folder and the pictures should be there (unless you copied/downloaded them to different location). You can create new folders and put them to those folders if needed. Then connect the USB drive to your computer, right click on those selected pictures, select Send To and select the USB drive. This will copy them to your USB drive.

You can do the same with movies. Movies can be found in Videos folder in your Personal folder. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Ashik, Android Tech