Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

How do I restore my galaxy 2 tab to factory condition? I…

Customer Question
how do I restore my...
how do I restore my galaxy 2 tab to factory condition? I have a malware on mine that I can't get rid of.It has my tablet locked up.Can I just remove the malware?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/28/2016
Android Device Expert: Rusty Rescue, Technician replied 2 years ago
Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
  1. Power off the device. ...
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power key.
  3. Release ONLY Power Key when Samsung Logo appears.
  4. Use Volume Up and Volume Down to scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset", and then press Power key to confirm to delete all the user data.
  5. Scroll down to "Yes!, press the power button to confirm.

There is no way to only remove the malware, you must reset the tablet.

it is not working

Sometimes it can take a few tries to get to the service screen. Focus on the volume up, volume down, and power key when it's off. It will eventually get to the right screen. All Android devices work the same way.

it is still not working.the samsung galaxy tab 2 logo just keeps flashing

Click here. You'll see that this is the method, you may have a hardware failure. How long have you had it?

Nothing is working. I have had the tab a couple of years

Does it allow you to access your apps?

no
I have to go now.I didn't think this would take this long.Thanks for trying,but I don't think you can help me
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Android Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the exact model number of your tablet ?

Since it doesn't allow you to access anything, the best option is to do factory reset. I want you to do this. Turn off your tab. Hold down Volume Up and Power button at the same time and does it boot into a menu with several options ?

The key combinations for your tablet is different. Follow the steps below to factory reset it

Turn off the Tab

Press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the Tablet. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooti

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Ashik, Android Tech