Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Just upgraded to 3.4.2 on a Kindle Keyboard 3rd gen. Now I

Customer Question
get an error message unable...
just upgraded to 3.4.2 on a Kindle Keyboard 3rd gen. Now I get an error message unable to connect even though the wifi connects works for everything else including other Kindles but I get a "cannot connect error"
How do I get it to connect by 3G or wifi?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
2/25/2016
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Try these steps please>

1. Slide and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Powerbutton.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

If your Kindle includes 3G coverage, 3G coverage is automatically turned off when you connect to a Wi-Fi network.

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Settings, and then select view next to Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. In the list of detected networks, choose a network to connect to it.

If your Wi-Fi network and router support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), your Kindle will detect it.

If you don't see your network in the list, you need to add the network manually.

4. If the network is protected by a password ***** WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), enter the password ***** then select Submit.

If you don't know the Wi-Fi network password, contact the person who set up the Wi-Fi network.

After you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your Kindle automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one network is in range, your Kindle automatically connects to the last network used.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Follow steps exactly three times. I still can not connect. This is not the answer

do you get an error message?

What happens when you select your wifi network name and enter the wifi password?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It connects to the wifi. The signal show 5 bars. It accepts the password. Everything appears fine.However, when you hit sync or shop in Kindle store, it says cannot connect at this time and has me do the 40 second reset and try again. After five times, unless I change something, I do not plan to repeat that process.

okay, this sounds like an issue with the kindle network settings.

Try these steps please>

On your Kindle>

• Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
  • detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
  • Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
  • Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.

Then on your router>

• Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router,
  • Then plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)

Then on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• Then try connecting to Wi-Fi
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    Randy,This is what you suggested earlier that did not work when i say i have 5 bars that means I am wifi connected with regard to the kindle - BUT not connected to the internet. Since this is not working can I just cancel the request with no charge?

did you select forget network and then re add the network?

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you can get a refund at any time.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Randy Boman
    Randy Boman
    Randy Boman, Technician