Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

How do I update my Android Tablet?

Customer Question
How do I update my Android Tablet?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
2/2/2016
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Android Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your tablet ?

Samsung galaxy tab 3 lite

What version of Android does it have now ? Go to Settings > about device and you will see the android version there.

The latest update that your Tab can handle is version 4.2.2, but some carriers have not released the update over the air yet.

If you are not on version 4.2.2 yet, then go to Settings and tap about device

Tap Software Update and if there are any updates available, then you will be able to do it from here.

To update your apps, open Play Store. Tap the three bar at top left, tap My Apps and if there are any updates available, tap Update or Update All.

If you face any other difficulty with your tablet, please let me know.

it's 4.2.2. I'm furious cause this is the 4th tablet I've bought. At first I had the Windows wasn't satisfied cause no google play. The 1st android didn't play my purchased movie. The 3rd didn't even connect to internet or play my video. This one doesn't want to play it either. They keep saying that an updated android is needed. I ain't going to sweat it anymore. I have my cell and laptop. I'll learn to download videos manually to tablet and install apps.

That is strange. 4.2.2 should supports everything without any issue. There is no update than 4.2.2 for this mode. These are low powered tablets, so you will have difficulty streaming or playing HD videos but SD videos should be fine. If you want a reliable tablet, you should consider getting an iPad Mini (3 or 4) or Google Nexus tablets. If you are able to replace the tablet, then replace for these ones.

I completely understand your frustration. You don't need to sweat for a thing that you bought with your money which is supposed to work.

Have you tried factory resetting this tablet ? If you have nothing on this tablet, then I'd recommend to try a factory reset. Factory reset will delete everything from it and install a fresh version. Go to Settings > backup & reset and do a factory reset. After factory reset, setup the tablet again. Does it work ?

I'll try and let you know tomorrow. I'm tired and about to go to bed.

Try it. Resetting and setup will take less than 10 minutes.

We can continue tomorrow if you want. I will be here if you need any help.

Still didn't work.
Will it just be best to get one from my mobile provider?
Good evening. I've resolved the issue by downloading the video. I'm not going to sweat it anymore.

Hi there, Sorry for the delay. Had to go offline since it was very late in here. Is there any way you could replace the tablet ? The Tablet should be still under warranty.

If you are able to replace it, I'd recommend to replace it with a Samsung A or S tablet or with a Nexus tablet

Another way is, open Play Store on your tablet. Download Dolphin browser. Open Dolphin browser and you should be able to watch video directly on Dolphin browser. Try this and this will work.

Ok

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

You should replace this Tab as this is more of manufacture issue as all sites and videos work on 4.2.2

Or give it one last try on Doplhin browser, or in Chrome if you have not tried in it. If it still not working, then you can replace it with a more powerful tablet.

Best Regards,

Did Dolphin work for you ? If not, I'd recommend to replace the Tab as it is under warranty.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with the service I provided, please rate me as OK Service or higher (3 stars or more) and click Submit. So that I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Android Tech