Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I'm using Outlook. I have it connected with an Office

Customer Question

I'm using Outlook for Android. I have it connected with an Office 365 account for my business and also a Outlook.com account for home. I can add a calendar item to my O365 calendar but can not to the Outlook.com calendar. When I do it appears to take the input but the item does not show up on the phone or on Outlook.com. I've tried searching for the problem on Google but have not found anything.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Android Devices category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

There are a couple of things I would suggest doing initially. First - a complete restart of the device. Press the power button until you see power down and then select that. Once it powers down completely, press the power button again to power the device on.

If that doesn't work, go to your settings, and then applications and select the outlook app. On the next screen you see, you should have the option to "clear cache". Select that option, then go to the outlook app again and see if your data is there. If not, let me know and we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done both of those as well as uninstalling the Outlook app and reinstalling. Same result. Adding an event to O365 calendar works fine though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a quick message comes up saying event created. And items created at Outlook.com also show up.

Ok... So it is an item created on your device that does show up in office 365, but not outlook.com? If so, that is expected behavior. When you create an event on your mobile device, you are only creating it on your default calendar. If you have more than one calendar, it will not send it to both - the reason is that it would cause everything to show up on your device twice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually no, I can select the calendar, (I have all calendars from both accounts available to select from). If I select the Outlook.com calendar it will show up nowhere. If I select the O365 calendar it shows up on the O365 online and in my Outlook desktop app. And it will show up on the Outlook for Android calendar. Again if I select the other account even though it says the event was created it shows up nowhere, not even online. I'm thinking this is a bug with Outlook for Android.

Ok. So you understand the different calendars. I'm going to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to reproduce the problem?

I have not been able to at this point.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you add an event via your computer on outlook.com does it then appear on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, edit that appointment, change the text and tell me if that updates back to outlook.com which you see via your computer please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does change online and it also changes on my phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but if you now add a new appointment right next to it, so it appears on the phone right after it, it will not appear online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an appointment which is the one I had modified from 10:00 to 10:30. I created a new appointment starting at 10:30. I, received the note at the bottom of the Outlook for Android screen that said "Event created". However it does not show up anywhere.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it is very strange and your going to have to as the next step reset the phone.

This will remove all data from the phone and return it to new, so backup any data you need.

Once done, go to Settings, Backup & Reset.

Choose to do a Factory Reset.

Let this complete and when it has, setup the phone again and tell me please if they then synch.