Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

BLU Studio Energy 2 - How do you remove an app from the

Customer Question

BLU Studio Energy 2 - How do you remove an app from the screen without uninstalling it? It seems that you can only move icons around. Studio energy 1 worked like all previous android phones; press and hold, and a box or "X" appeared. Drag to trash can or X and icon is gone. App is still accessible in the app list. The energy 2 doesn't seem to have this!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

All you have to do is press and hold the icon and then drag it to the X or "remove" depending on the launcher you are using.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike - this simply doesn't work because there is no "X" or "remove" button that pops up when you press and hold the icon. All you can do is move the icons around or uninstall the app completely. I've selected uninstall since it's the only option that appears when you press and hold the icon, and that completely uninstalls the app.-Joe

As I said - it depends on the launcher that is controlling it. Most will have an X or an X Remove, so something similar to that. When you re-install though, after uninstalling, it should add it only to all apps and not to the home screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The launcher is the standard one that comes with the phone. I know Google Launcher comes with an app drawer and the ability to remove icons, but that launcher is pretty flat. Do you recommend a third party launcher?

I use Nova Launcher - I do like google Launcher, though. I prefer something that is close to generic Android and on a Samsung device, Nova gives me that. Otherwise I would use Google... not very configurable, but super fast and smooth. I think the launcher should be simple, but people have different taste.