Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I signed up disabling of phone when i first started phone

Customer Question

hi,
i signed up for remote disabling of phone when i first started phone up. i was required to give mobile number i would use to do this. i do not know the codes i need to send to restore factory settings, can you help me please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

To clarify Tess, you want to Factory Reset your S6 correct?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
via my friends phone i nominated his number when i first started the phone up, he was sent text message with codes to send to my phone to reset it, he has deleted the text messages.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but you can also reset it this way.

1. First, turn off the phone by using the Power button.
  2. Now press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button, until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
  4. Choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the whole operation.
  5. After that select option "reboot system now".

It will then be reset.

Let me know how your going please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not paying you for giving me an answer to a question i didn't ask. I am not a f**kwit. I would be able to do that if i had the phone in my possession. but derrrrr, i want to do it remotely. thanksv for taking my $5.00 you f**kling conman, i am going to department of fair trading. i want a refund.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ill remind you of the initial messages

Which you replied yes..

I think there is no need for such vulgar and rude language.

I am opting out and will not be working with such a person.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you only read the first word, and this is Australia mate, the country where we have what they call Aussie vernacular. get over yourself princess and refund my f**king 5 bucks!, And luckily for you i haven't started to swear yet, imagine your poor little virgin ears then pet. When going to get your next cup of coffee, try substituting it for cement because you need to harden the f**k up!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these are the experts we deal with. i really want my $5.00 back and i do not plan on stopping until i do. if i have to go through fair trading so be it.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I may be able to help you with your problem. I am sorry that the previous expert misunderstood your question. While it was not stated, it was implicit in your question when you talked about sending codes to your phone that you do not have it in your possession.

If you signed up for a service to be able to remotely disable and wipe clean your phone from another phone, can you please tell me the name of the service, so that I can investigate?