Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I
, Hal is thewre an app kindl fire to read book that I…

Customer Question
Hal is thewre an...

Hal is thewre an app for my kindl fire to read book that I have purchassed aloud qand if so how do I get it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
1/24/2016
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 2 years ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

yes, the fire has a built in feature for that>

To turn on accessibility features:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Actions, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Accessibility.
  3. Select your accessibility options:

Vision Settings

FeatureDescription

Screen Reader

Manage voice guidance settings, including turning Screen Reader on or off, adjusting reading speed and volume, feedback tone volume, and gestures for Explore by Touch.

Screen Reader describes what you touch and interact with on the screen (for example, the title of a book in the carousel).

Tip: Adjust the Reading Speed of the Screen Reader by pressing the + (increase) and - (decrease) buttons.

When Screen Reader and Explore by Touch are turned on, you can use gestures and Text-to-Speech to read and interact with your book. When you open a book, Text-to-Speech will automatically read your book and turn the pages for you.

You can switch between two modes of reading: continuous and non-continuous. Continuous reading will read all pages in the book, while non-continuous reading will read a page, character, or word on the page—whichever you prefer.

ActionGesture

Start reading

From your book, swipe down from the top of the page with two fingers when the reading toolbar is closed. When you open a book, Text-to-Speech begins reading the book and automatically turns the pages.

Switch from continuous to non-continuous reading

Non-continuous reading uses the Screen Reader's Text-to-Speech voice and reading speed settings. Tap the screen to switch from reading continuously to reading one page, word, line, or character at a time. The default reading level is one page at a time.

Note: Depending on the content being read, some reading level options may not be available.

Show reading toolbar

While reading, tap the screen, and then double-tap the screen to show the reading toolbar.

Change continuous reading speed

The continuous reading speed control is located in the bottom right corner of the screen when the reading toolbar is open. Tap the control, and then double-tap the screen to change the reading speed.

Change reading voice

With the reading toolbar open, swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Actions, and then selectSettings. From Settings, select Language & Keyboard, and then select Text-to-Speech.

Read one page, paragraph, character, or word at a time

Swipe up and then right in a continuous motion with a finger to activate the Local Context Menu. With the Local Context Menu open, select your preferred reading level: character, word, line, paragraph, page, or default. Depending on the content being read, some reading level options may not be available.

Note: The Screen Reader's Text-to-Speech voice reads in your device language. However, not all languages are supported.

Turn page

Swipe left with two fingers to go to the next page. Swipe right with two fingers to go to the previous page.

Open the Go To menu

Swipe from the left edge of the screen with two fingers, and then double-tap a chapter or section.

Select text

Explore the screen with a finger to find the word you want to select. Double-tap the word, and then hold to listen to the definition of the word being read to you. You can also swipe to the left or right to choose a highlight color, add a note, share your notes and highlights, and more.

Adjust text selection

Selection markers are available in the menu after selecting text. Select the markers to increase or decrease the text selection size.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

did that work for you?

Please let me know if you need more help.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician