Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

ONLY -, recently you helped me with an Android request

Customer Question

ONLY FOR RICHIEME-Hi Richard, recently you helped me with an Android request (Order ID: 15962520-917). I wasn't going to do a hard reset, but while we were working on it Google Play became broken so I did a hard reset anyway. On doing the hard reset, I discovered the problem.After a hard reset, the Google Voice texts work fine. But when I install Google Wear for phone, it asks me to update Google (Search). When I update Google (Search), I start to get the error (Can't reach Google at the moment") with longer voice text messages. If I uninstall the Google (Search) updates, the error message goes away. It happens every time I try to update Google (Search), and goes away if I uninstall the updates. Would you like to continue on with trying to solve the problem- do you have ideas to help (hopefully)!?Thanks,
Dave
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

I see you have been waiting a while for your preferred Expert. You can wait for him as long as you would like, but I wanted to offer my help in case you decide you need help before you hear back from him. If you would like to wait, there is no need to reply. If I can help you in any way, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, I've been tied up in a meeting tonight anyway. I'll wait until tomorrow and try to contact you guys again if you're available. Thanks.

Ok. Like I said, you can wait for Richie, or I can help you - it's totally up to you. Wait until tomorrow to reply, so that when you do, I will be notified.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, would be available to try to help me now?

Sure. I just reviewed your question again. If you don't mind doing it, what I would do is reset again.

Then, let it do all the updates. There will be a LOT. Wait until all of the updates are done, then download and install "Android Wear - Smartwatch". I'm not sure if that's what you are installing, but here is a link:

http://bitli.es/vyWZoS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm, the link takes me to the error message "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server."This sounds like what I just did, and if the link is the same as what I did, unfortunately I don't have the time to go through it all over again... Could you check on the link for me?Thx.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, unfortunately the link doesn't work for me. Also, I've already hard-reset it twice in the last week or so, and just do not hvae the time or energy to do it again at this point. Could you give me an updated link? Thx.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.wearable.app&hl=en

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to your time and energy, but allowing the OS to update before doing anything else is definitely what I would recommend.