Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Attempting to download touchdown to Android phone

Customer Question
attempting to download touchdown to Android phone
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
1/20/2016
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 2 years ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Follow these steps please.

Download and Install TouchDown

Obtain your copy of the TouchDownTM device client from the Google Play Store (formerly known as the Android Market)using one of the links listed in step 1.

Before You Begin

Check the Android operating system (OS) version on your device. This determines which edition of TouchDown you will need to download. From the device Home screen, tap Settings > About Phone and scroll toAndroid version (or Firmware version). Note the value in this field.

Using the Google Play Store requires a Gmail account. You can use an existing account or create one the first time you sign into Google Play.

Make sure that you are in an area of good data coverage before you begin downloading the TouchDown application.

Note about upgrades: Some devices may receive an update notification signifying that a TouchDown software update is available. If they wish, users of these devices may follow the notification prompts to update their TouchDown software instead of using the instructions outlined below.

Watch the Video

Step 1:

To obtain the download from the GO!NotifyLinkportal, browse to:http://notifylink.notify.net/ota.asp

Select: Android Devices: TouchDownTMapp

OR

To obtain the download from the Google Play Store, enter “nitrodesk” (no quotes) in the search bar. A progression bar displays as the browser searches the Google Play Store.

Using the Google Play requires a Gmail account

Select: TouchDown for Smartphones

(The TouchDown links are only accessible from an Android device.

New Installations

Step 2:

Select the TouchDown software displayed, then tap the Install button.

Upgrades
If you are upgrading, tap the Update button. Then tap OK to replace your existing TouchDown software with the new version.

Step 3:

At the permissions screen that displays, tap Accept & download. TouchDown will install in a few seconds. When it is complete, tap Open to open TouchDown.

Upgrades
If you are upgrading, this completes your download/installation procedure.

Step 4:

Tap I Accept to accept the TouchDown End User License Agreement and confirm your acceptance.

Now you are ready to set up your account.

Click the Configure your Account button.

See Account Setup Instructions. . .

did this work for you?

Let me know if you need more help please.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician