Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My touchscreen isn't responding Asus Transformer
, The

Customer Question

Customer: my touchscreen isn't responding Asus Transformer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The tablet will turn on fine but the screen does not respond to touch. So I can't use it this has happened once before and I read on a forum that sometimes when you're using too much memory the touchscreen feature stops working at that time I was able to erase some apps using my computer i haven't been able to do that now. I connect it to my computer but it thinks it's an android phone and only shows me a few files I've tried the factory reset and it will not reset
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Android Devices Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

How old is the tablet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 2 years old
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Touchscreen issues are related to hardware failure and since it has happened in the past, there is a good chance that the touchscreen was "dying"/ is dead now. Since it is outside of the warranty, it cannot be replaced. Any type of internal repair by a local shop will cost more than the tablet is worth so I would recommend purchasing a new tablet at this point.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.