Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

I 't know the password to my new Verizon Tablet. My kids

Customer Question

Customer: I don't know the password ***** my new Verizon Tablet. My kids were playing with it and created a pssword and no one knows what it is.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's asking me for a password ***** I don't know it. I can't use it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Android Devices Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

You can reset it back to the out of the box factory condition and start over from the welcome screen.

Follow these steps please>

1. Press and hold the Power/Lock key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn off the tablet.
  2. Press and hold the Power/Lock key and Up Volume key at the same time.
  3. Release the Power/lock key when the Samsung logo appears.
  4. Release the Up Volume keys when the Android image appears.
  5. When the menu appears, press the Down Volume key to select Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press the Power/Lock key.
  7. Once the message, “Cache wipe complete” appears on the screen below the menu, Press the Power/Lock key to select Reboot system now.

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

do you need more help with your Galaxy Tab?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here' what happened when I followed your instructins:The Samsung logo never appeared. Only the android logo then the red Verizon screen then the home screen asking for a password.I didn't get any options to scroll up/down and reset.Alex

okay, what is the model of your galaxy tab please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Verizon 4G LTE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model QMV7B

okay, try this next>

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up and Power button until 'Ellipsis' appears then release.
    Screen goes dark then 'Android system recovery' screen appears.
  3. Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the Volume down button to highlight and the Volume Up button to select.
  4. Select Yes-delete all user data.
    Allow several minutes for the data wipe process to complete.
  5. Select reboot system now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work. Again, when I hold the power and Volume-up buttons the screen goes to the word android (like the logo). Then it goes black and then red to the Verizon screen then to my home screen.

Make sure the tablet is completely powered off before you hold the buttons down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still won't work. Same result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other suggestions? Should I close this question?

Try this method please.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume button (press it in the middle or down) +Power button until 'Welcome' appears then release.
  3. Select Clear eMMC.
    Utilize the Volume Down button to scroll through the available options and the Volume Up button to select.
    Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.