Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How can I turn off the audio on my kindle fire HD 10.1. I

Customer Question
just want to read the...
How can I turn off the audio on my kindle fire HD 10.1. I just want to read the book, not listen to it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2016
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Android Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can turn off the TTS (Text to Speech). While reading the book,touch the screen tap the Menu button and you will see TTS or Text to Speech. Turn it off.

If that didn't work, then follow the steps below;

While reading the book, tap the screen and then double tap or tap on the middle of the book. This will bring toobar. Tap "Aa". You will see Text To Speech there. Turn it off.

Or if you see a Pause button like you would see on many electronic devices tap it.

Then go to menu, swipe down from top and tap Settings. Open Accessibility (scroll down to see Accessibility). Then open Vision and turn off Screen Reader if it is ON there. If you see Explore by Touch, turn it off as well if it is ON.

Let me know how it goes.

Ashik, Android Tech