Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have forgotten the swipe pattern to unlock phone How do I

Customer Question
retrieve this?...
I have forgotten the swipe pattern to unlock phone How do I retrieve this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
12/31/2015
Android Device Expert: Josh, Technician replied 2 years ago
Josh, Technician

Pattern" lock or a "Passcode" are types of Security lock for your handset.

You will need your Gmail / Google Account credentials (user name and password) to reset either security lock. If you have set up a security lock on your handset without first setting up a valid Gmail/Google Account you can remember, you will need to perform a external reset to wipe out your handset's memory and start over.

You need to try the pattern lock or passcode 5 times to be given the chance to reset the handset with your Gmail account. If you fail to draw the correct unlock pattern on the screen after five attempts, the phone will prompt you to wait for 30 seconds before you can try again. If you forgot your screen unlock pattern or security passcode, touch Forgot pattern (or passcode). You will be prompted to sign in using your Google account and create a new screen unlock.

Reset Gmail Password

If you forgot or are unsure about your Google password, but you remember your Gmail / Google account name, you can use a computer to access the Gmail account and Gmail will send a link to reset your account password ***** another one of your email accounts. Use steps below to reset Gmail password ***** your handset with your computer:

• From the Gmail login page click on the "Can't access your account?" link
  • Follow the steps instructed by Gmail to recover your Gmail login information. We have copy and pasted the majority of this information below.

• Check "I forgot my password.", click on "Reset your password *****" to get to next screen below.

• Enter your Google/Gmail address (including "@gmail.com"). Press submit.
  • Copy text from random captcha and enter into field.

• A reset password ***** will be emailed to your back-up email account you had established during initial Gmail set-up on your computer.

• Once your login information is recovered, please use that information to unlock the handset when asked for your Gmail credentials again onscreen.

Agree many attempts I was able to figure out the swipe pattern
I was told by Staples that the only way to unlock the phone was to have it reset by the manufacturer and lose everything on the phone, About the same method as you suggested. This was not satisfactory so I worked harder on the swipe pattern and was lu cky to hit it right. Will there be a charge in that I didn't need your answer?

I am glad to hear that you fixed the issue. Please take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Technician