Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Can I transfer my bookmarks from one Android to another?

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Wendy,
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, there are many ways to do it. From which Android phone and to which Android phone do you want to transfer ?

In what app are the bookmarks saved ? Internet app or Chrome app ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Ashik,
Transfer from Samsung Galaxie S4 to Samsung gal S6 via ChromeWendy
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi Wendy, I will send you the instructions now. Please give me a few minutes

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If the bookmarks are in Chrome, then all you have to do is sync Chrome with your Google account.

On your S4, go to Settings > Accounts. Under My Accounts, select your Google account and select your email address. Now you see several sync options there. Select all the items you want to transfer to your S6. Make sure Sync Chrome is enabled there. Now tap the Options button and tap Sync Now. It will sync the contents to Google Service.

Now on your S6, go to Settings and tap Accounts. In Accounts, select your Google account. Tap your email. Make sure "Sync Chrome" is enabled there.

Tap More button and tap Sync. The bookmarks will be downloaded to Chrome.

Remember, both devices must have same Google account. Once you did that, open Chrome. Tap the 3 dots at top right tap Bookmarks. You will find the bookmarks there.

Let me know if you have any difficulty on doing the steps above.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

FYI You can also use Smart Switch application from Samsung to transfer other contents from your S4 to S6. Download Smart Switch from Play Store on both phone and open it to view the options to transfer.