Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

I am an owner of what I beliee to be a droid maxx or ultra

Customer Question

Hi there! I am an owner of what I beliee to be a droid maxx or ultra that seems to be having a technical issue:
I plug it into several chargers (battery is completely dead), and it initially goes to the startup screen, goes dark, then keeps going back to the startup screen in an intermittent cycle almost.
I tried numerous times to do a flashboot, and when I try to select factory and/or recovery, it gives me no additional options and keeps going back to the start screen pattern again with no result. Any idea?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

You will need to get past the flashboot screen, it is tricky with the Droid Maxx. It may take several tries to get it right.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and Power buttons until the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears then release.
  3. From the Boot Mode Selection Menu, select Recovery.
    Press the volume down button immediately to scroll through the options and the volume up button to select.
    If a selection is not made within 5 seconds, the device powers up normally.
  4. From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume up button then press and release the Power button to display the menu.
    If the menu doesn't display,
  5. From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume down button then press and release the volume up button to display the menu.
  6. Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  7. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
  8. Select reboot system now.
  9. Select wipe data/factory reset.
  10. Select Yes -- delete all user data.

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!