Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Motorola XT1030 will not connect to the internet. I tried

Customer Question

my Motorola XT1030 will not connect to the internet. I tried going to the help web site and my phone tells me "net:ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you using the Chrome browser on your XT1030 ?

If so, trying a different browser, or else flushing the DNS cache, might help with the problem.

Also, try several different web pages (if you have not already done so.) Such as the standard

http://www.google.com

and see if that one comes up without an error.

Make sure that your phone is actually connected to the internet, not just connected by WiFi to some router or other. (Some strange or 'foreign' routers might not serve you web pages, even if they did allow you to connect by WiFi to them.)

If you are connecting by WiFi to your own router, try turning Off the router box, and the modem box if there is a separate modem box. Then after 5+ minutes, turn On just the modem box, and let it initialize for 2 minutes. Check it indicator lights for indications of OK status on internet connection etc., then turn On the router box if the status indicated is OK. Let the router box initialize for 2 minutes, then try connecting to the router box again, and accessing a standard web page like www.google.com.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.