Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  Android Tech
62741268

My Samsung tablet 10. all of a sudden says "Unfortunately

Customer Question

My Samsung tablet 10. all of a sudden says "Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped. And then ...the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.
I can't do anything on it.
Please let me know how to fix it, I use it a lot.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and the tablet will need to be restored.

1. Power the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and then briefly press the Power button to power on the device.
  3. Release the Volume Up button and the Power button when the Samsung logo displays on the screen.
  4. Use the Volume Up button to select the small android with an arrow icon.
  5. Press the Volume down button.
  6. Use the Volume button to select Recovery Console then press the Power button.
  7. From the Recovery Console screen, use the Volume button to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset then press the Power button.
  8. Use the Volume button to select Yes then press the Power button.
  9. Once the Wipe Data / Factory Reset has completed, use the Volume button to select Reboot System Now then press the Power button.
  10. Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
  11. To setup the device after completing the factory data reset, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Please let me know if this does not work or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see the screen you are talking about. Also, if I wipe data/factory reset I will lose all the information already in the tablet - right? I don't want that to happen. Any other advice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tablet is Model GT-P5113, does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? I will be leaving shortly. If no response, I will have to rate Bad.

yes, that will erase the device. It will be in the out of box new condition.

you can back up all of your data to google and if you have pics and videos you can save them to your memory card.