Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a galaxy tab4 that went dead. I charged it and

Customer Question

I have a galaxy tab4 that went dead. I charged it and attempted to reboot it and all I get is a yellow triangle and secure fail kernel in the top left corner. How do I get it back on?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Was there also a message about software not authorized being found on your phone?

If so, try a hard reset (strictly a Wipe Data & Factory Reset, done by holding down several buttons then pressing POWER when switching On, in extreme summary, and capable of wiping all individual data off the phone). You will lose all data on the phone and your will have to reconfigure it from scratch (since it will be back to factory defaults), but it will work again after that.

For details, if that is something you want to try, just Reply To Expert and let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a yellow triangle with an ! In it then under it says- system software not authorized by at&t has been found on your tablet. Please turn off your tablet and go to the nearest AT&T store for help
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then that is what you should do: take it to an ATT store. The choices are either that, or try a Wipe Data & Factory reset.