Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have forgotten my password and cannot get into the Kindle?

Customer Question
I have forgotten my password...
I have forgotten my password ***** cannot get into the Kindle?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
12/24/2015
Android Device Expert: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the model name of your Kindle? (Does it have a built in keyboard)?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where would that be - I don't see it. It has a touch screen key board

Thank you for the update. The only way to get into the Kindle is to enter the password ***** five or more times. When you do that, it will ask you if you wish to reset the Kindle. When you are given that choice, choose to reset it. Resetting it will remove all data on the Kindle including the password. When that is complete, you can simply set it up as you did when you first purchased it. After you log into your account on the Kindle, your books and all will be downloaded again.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying it now. It said all data will be erased? Above you stated the books will download?

Yes to both answers. All will be erased on the Kindle, but the books will download after the fact; after you log back into your Kindle account.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I am trying

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I got in....how do I get the books back?

Now you just run through the setup wizard. Connect to the wireless signal, enter your Amazon account ID & password, and then you can download the books again.

May I ask how that is coming along?

Jason Jones, Customer Service