Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How do I recover or change a password to my kindle. I have

Customer Question
How do I recover or...
How do I recover or change a password ***** my kindle. I have used the directions from amazon but to no avail.I have airport on a mac and when I select my wireless site no connection nis made?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
12/19/2015
Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. .Then remove the existing wireless networks from the list. Tap the Quick Settings symbol in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.
2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
4. Tap the name of each of the networks to forget. On the screen prompting you to
enter a password, select Forget.

Then try connecting to wifi again.

• To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician