Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just bought a new lg volt phone. I charged the battery but

Customer Question

I just bought a new lg volt phone. I charged the battery but when I turn the phone on the screen is blank does not show nothing at all. The phone seems to be on because when i touch the screen the buttons at the bot***** *****ght up and the phone vibrates like its responding to much touch but no display at all. This is the second phone like this I have had the first did the same thing so I returned it and got another one but now this one is doing the same thing no display at all. Am I doing something wrong is there something that I am supposed to do when I'm setting up my phone? All I have done is take the phone out of the box put the battery in and charged it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did you re-use the battery from the first phone in the second phone? if so, a battery defect could cause what you describe, perhaps. But it sounds as if you haven't.

Were both phones of the same model line? (If so, it may be a badly made model line.)

Were both phones purchased at the same store or through the same vendor, or is this second phone a warranty-swap/exchange for the first? (If so, the vendor may have passed off poorly made phones to you... or, if the two phones were not sold shrink-wrapped in their packaging, they may both have been culls or otherwise defective phones not at all in new condition, etc.)

The way it sounds, you might have a loose video cable in one, and a defective LCD touch-screen unit in the other... resulting in the same look, though from a different problem. I really don't think it's your fault, unless you dropped it, got it very hot, allowed it to drop below freezing temperature at any time since you bought it, or got it wet, etc.