Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have recently had my Galaxy 111 reset to default so that

Customer Question
it can be reloaded for...
I have recently had my Galaxy 111 reset to default so that it can be reloaded for another person. However, when it was restarted it would not move passed the date and time. It simply comes up saying that the Google account, hangouts and Samsung account manager has stopped. The sim and memory card were in the phone. This was all done by an experienced person in a phone store. It still keeps the date and time and is wifi connected.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Android Devices
12/10/2015
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

The Google account has stopped because your Google account info is no longer on the phone.

The hangouts... pretty much the same. You've erased your authorization information - if the wipe-data-and-factory-reset was done right - and so you can't *be* on hangouts.

As for Samsung account manager... that is a bit more of a puzzle, but might simply mean that the phone is still registered to you, but it doesn't have your configuration information in it any more.

Does it show icons, apps, etc.?

I suspect the Wipe-Data-&-Factory-Reset may need to be done over, with the SIM card still in it of course, but with the memory card *out*, removed... that might be what made the difference.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the reply did not work I think I'll have to send it in to samsung. Even with the sim card in it won't go past putting in the date.

That might be best - it's very unusual for a Samsung device to have problems after a "Wipe Data & Factory Reset" operation, and might mean there is a hardware problem also.

If there is any other advice you need on this matter, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As i have already stated the phone won't go past putting the date and time in even with a sim card in. I will instead take it to a phone technician as it will be better if yhey can actually see and handle the phone. Thank you anyway I don't doubt your ability

That's the right decision, and thank you. (No response required.)

Russell H., Service Tech