Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

When I turned on my kindle all I get is a message (kindle

Customer Question

when I turned on my kindle all I get is a message (kindle fire system recovery) How do I get it to work again, without destroying everything I have in it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

The recovery loop is a bad sign for the Kindle because it can be something that cannot be fixed.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did what you said and nothing happened, it did not boot up at all
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

How old is the Kindle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 2 years old
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your saying that there is nothing you can do to help me? If that's the case, please do not charge me, please confirm that you will not charge my credit card.
Thanks for trying to help, sorry you couldn't.
Joe
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that, Joe.

Although the end result was not a fixed Kindle, I have provided you with a direct contact to obtain a replacement.