Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

My nokia 1520 all of a sudden has asked my password and I

Customer Question

my nokia 1520 all of a sudden has asked my for a password ***** I did not realize I have a password ***** the phablet? Besides the GUI asking for the password ***** ***** number no alpha numerical which all my passwords are!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the only way around the password ***** is to reset your phone.

Make sure your phone has enough battery power, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.

2. Switch off your phone, and disconnect the charger.

3. Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

4. Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.

Lumia 950 XL users: Please note the physical key combinations differ slightly compared to other Lumias.

5. Wait for your phone to reset, during the reset there will be gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for ~30 seconds and then your phone will restart.

6. Go through the initial phone setup, if the date and time are shown, ensure the values are correct.

7. Disconnect the charger.