Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My tv box only came with one launcher. But I prefer live

Customer Question

My tv box only came with one launcher. But I prefer live wallpaper. So I installed another launcher. Which gives me the typical tablet screen. But It won't allow me to install any live wallpaper. Please help, I'm stuck !!
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should mention that I installed my live wallpaper with app installer of a flash drive. But not one launcher will run them. It just keeps saying app not installed. The files I'm using are verified working on all my other devices that came with two launchers. This is a new one for me. Hope you can help. Thanks !
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Sometimes Live Wallpapers require that the capability for live wallpaper be enabled.

It depends upon the device. What device exactly do you have? I would need to know both the Android (or iOS, if an Apple device) version, and the maker and model # ***** the device, please, in order to advise you what to do in detail. Let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both devices are MXQ tv boxes. Both have android 4.4 Kitkat installed. But one arrived with only one launcher. I thought by simply installing another Launcher, the same as the other box has. Which is called launcher3 that it would work. The launcher works great. But it doesnt allow the live wallpaper to install properly or run. Yes there is something else missing. That's what I need to figure out. Thanks!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Have you simply added launcher3 to the box without live wallpaper?

You may need to either remove the wallpaper that is there, or disable the wallpaper that is there already, for the live wallpaper to take its place.

What are the symptoms of the live wallpaper or launcher3 not working?