robmpreston
robmpreston, Technician
Experience:  Development and troubleshooting Android Devoices, all versions.
14124282

Can't see kindle fire

Customer Question

Can't see kindle fire
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  robmpreston replied 1 year ago.

Where cant you see it? When you connect it to the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Kindle is connected to the computer via USB. Both Kindle & Computer are turned on. Kindle does not appear when I check Computer. C drive and Flash drive and External 2T drive all show up.

Have you tried doing the reboot on the Kindle Fire? By holding the power button for 40 seconds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok first thing is Id recommend trying a new USB cable to make sure its not defective

Then try this:

1. Have your PC on and your Kindle attached via the USB cable

2. Go to the Start menu and select/open the Control Panel

3. In the control panel, select System

4. When the System panel opens, select Device Manager option on the left side of the panel

5. When the Device Manager opens, look for the listing "Portable Devices". This is where your Kindle should be listed.

6. If the triangle to the left of "Portable Devices" is pointing right, click the triangle to open the listings in "Portable Devices"

7. If you see "Kindle" with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle, then your Kindle driver isn't working properly. If you see "Kindle" just by itself, then the driver is working correctly and you're having another issue. It might be your Fire itself. (If you don't see anything, then I'm guessing Windows didn't even install a driver for your Kindle and you'll have to try and find one to install).

8. Assuming you see that warning symbol next to "Kindle", right mouse button click on "Kindle" and a menu will open up. You should see an option "Uninstall". Select this option and confirm you want to uninstall the driver by clicking OK.

9. After the driver is uninstalled, disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable from/to your Kindle Fire. Windows should reinstall the driver and it should be working. At least I hope it will, it worked for me.